We are the New Orleans Small Business Lawyers
Our best value in coverage is our Annual General Counsel Package, which offers comprehensive and consistent protection for your business.
Are you just starting your business?
If you’re just beginning your small business journey, consider establishing a strong legal foundation for your future success. We can help you:
- Determine whether you’re best classified as an LLC, corporation, non-profit, benefit corporation (B-Corp), or low-profit limited liability Company (L3C).
- Draft an operating agreement for you and your partners.
- Craft your corporation’s bylaws.
- Prepare investment documents for fundraising (IRA, Form D, Raising Capital).
- Register with the IRS for an Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Prepare your occupational license for filing with your local parish.
- Help you purchase an existing business.
- Assist your non-profit with the creation of bylaws and the IRS application (Form 1023) for recognition as a 501(c)(3) or other tax-exempt organization.
- Act as your registered agent with the State of Louisiana.
Is your business growing?
If your existing business is already experiencing growth, there are steps you can take to sustain it. We can help you:
- Review and negotiate a commercial lease or real-estate purchase for your business.
- Draft terms of service and client contracts to minimize potential disputes.
- Provide employment agreements for employees and independent contracts, including non-compete and non-solicitation clauses.
- Avoid IRS penalties by determining the status of employees and independent contractors.
- Draft severance agreements when terminating employees.
- Ensure the registration and protection of your intellectual property through trademark and copyright.
- Handle state and municipal matters such as liquor licenses, traffic tickets, and citations.
- Negotiate city bureaucracy in zoning and property matters.
Is your business in a dispute?
As your business grows, disputes over payment and other transactions are almost inevitable. We can help you:
- Collect overdue invoices.
- Determine your bankruptcy options.
- Litigate in state or federal court.
Are you planning your business’s future?
Once your business is operating smoothly, you will want to ensure that it is able to carry on in the event of an emergency. To ensure peace of mind for your family and employees, we can help you:
- Draft wills, trusts, and plan your estate.
- Develop buy-sell agreements.
- Review your insurance with a financial advisor to choose the best product for you.
If you’re not sure what services best suit you, don’t hesitate to reach out and Contact Us.