Louisiana Economic Development will provide small business owners with up to $5,000 per year for legal (and other!) services for qualifying services.
- US Citizen and Louisiana Resident for 1 Year
- Each individual owner’s net worth may not exceed $400,000, excluding personal residence and retirement accounts.
- Business owner must work at last 20 hours/week
- The business’ net worth is less than $1.5 million
- Business must be in Louisiana, and in good standing with Louisiana Secretary of State
- Apply Online in 10 Minutes: http://www.ledsmallbiz.com
- Receive your SEBD Certification, usually within 72 hours
- Schedule a Free Initial Consultation with Spera Law Group: http://speralaw.com/u/freeconsultation
- During the free consultation, a member of our team will help you determine if the business qualifies for LED funds.
- Meet with one of our attorneys during a Strategy Session to discuss your business needs so we can develop a detailed scope of work
- Receive a proposal for proactive & preventative legal services from Spera Law Group
- Formally engage Spera Law Group to complete the work.
- Payment for the client’s share of the fees (50%) is due before we begin work. While the work is underway, you can proceed to the next step.
- Complete an Assessment Form: http://speralaw.com/u/ledassessment
- While we make it available to download on our website, this form is provided by LED, not Spera Law. You may need to contact them for the latest version.
- Schedule a free consultation with LED Intermediary to review your assessment. They’re located throughout the state.. Check this list for the one nearest you: http://speralaw.com/u/ledintermediaries
- Share the proposal with the LED intermediary
- If the proposal needs to be modified, let Spera Law Group know before you proceed so we can update it accordingly.
- Submit the proposal to LED for approval (approximately 1 month)
- Receive approval from LED
- Spera Law Group will complete the work in proposal
- Client Signs off on work
- Report back to LED
- Funds are paid to Spera Law Group
- Note that if funds, for whatever reason, are not released by LED, you, the client, will still be responsible for the remaining amount.